Chicken stew is a famous dish, which seems to be admired and appreciated by a lot of people. So here today, in this article we have brought you about “Chicken Stew” and a famous recipe of it.
Chicken Stew | Recipes And Health Benefits
Any time, whenever you get to know that your relatives are on their way and going to arrive at your place soon, no need to worry about anything or food. You can just simply serve them with Chicken Stew, but yeah only if they prefer eating non-veg. It doesn’t require that much effort, although it’s so easy.
Well, Chicken Stew is one of the delicious dishes, that can be served either with peanuts (unsalted) or a plate of rice, it’s up to us. It’s easy to make Chicken stew. As it can be made from all the easily available veggies and an already roasted cooked chicken.
Chicken Stew further contains so many types. Here in this article, we have brought you the recipe of two Chicken Stew which you can easily try at your convenient place
Dish Chicken Stew, will take 45 minutes to get ready, after 45 minutes of cooking it will be ready to be served.
As this dish not only enhance the taste in our mouth, but also it has it’s various health benefits. These health benefits are very rarely known. As we know, that Chicken becomes sometimes necessary when we start facing health issues, and sometimes it is being liked by some of the people. The reason could be anything.
So here, are some of the health benefits a people may get by eating Chicken Stew.
We all know that Chicken meat sometimes plays a vital role when a person’s body starts getting weak day by day, so in that situation, even doctor’s recommend to eat chicken. Because our body requires the proper amount of phosphorous for the good maintenance of our bones, kidneys, liver, and teeth. And chicken meat is one of the good sources to get the proper amount of phosphorus. So Chicken Stew is the beneficial dish for our body.
Well by having chicken, your body not only gain the proper amount of phosphorous, but also the proper amount of protein. So people who are not getting the proper amount of protein, and hence facing some health issues, may start eating Chicken, and Chicken Stew will help them to recover to a certain extent.
Fishes and chicken contains less amount of saturated fat than all other red meats.
It doesn’t contain cholesterol, like the other red meats.
Red meats contain saturated fat which is bad for health and cholesterol which can lead humans to face heart diseases. But chicken and chicken stew don’t contain it so it seems highly preferable than the other kinds and also we know that chicken is good for muscle building.
You Might Also Like : Thigh Muscles | Nutrition | Exercises | Growth | More
Few Dishes Of Chicken Stew that seems to be immensely appreciated.
Trinidad Chicken Stew
This is one of the yummiest dishes, as it is considered as the most delicious Chicken Stew, well the rest depends on your cooking too. It seems to be top of the list of Chicken Stew.
Some of the ingredients that are required for this dish are given below :
- Roasted or cooked chicken that needs to be chopped into the small size pieces and should be bonedless.
- Olive oil one tablespoon
- One complete chopped onion
- One potato large needs to be diced
- Crushed garlic 2 cloves
- A cup of water
- A can of drained and rinsed garbanzo beans
- A half cup of butter (unsalted peanut)
- A teaspoon salt, black pepper, coriander seeds, cumin and red pepper crushed flakes.
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- ½ coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons of chopped cilantro (fresh)
Directions for making the Trinidad chicken stew:
- Well, firstly you need to put the entire piece of chicken on a plate. Sprinkle the chopped onion, green onion, garlic, salt, pepper and cilantro all over it. Then cover it and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Take the vegetable oil and put it into the deep pot and heat it over the medium heat. Put sugar in it, stir it and let it get cooked till you see it’s color turn into golden or until it starts looking like golden brown syrup.
- Add all the cut piece of chicken in the cooked sugar and brown immediately. Cover the pot with something and give it 2 minutes of cooking.
- Now it’s time to add water and milk. Pour a cup of water, pepper flakes, and coconut milk. Replace the lid and again let it get cooked for 10 minutes over the medium heat.
- After that add butter and ketchup to it, which will help to enhance the taste of the dish.
- Let it get cooked continue until you found chicken roasted. Usually, it takes 20 to 30 minutes. Taste it, you can also add season with the extra additional pepper and salt if it seems to be required.
- It’s ready to serve the chicken as a gravy with the sauce in the pot. Or it is up to you how you want to serve it with. It is not necessary to serve it with sauce, you can try a place of rice or anything you want to.
Potato Chicken Stew
Some of the ingredients that are required for this dish are given below :
- One cup onion, chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon of dried sage
- 1 and a half cup of chopped carrots
- 4 cups of roasted chicken meat
- 2/3 cup chopped or sliced mushrooms (fresh)
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon of basil leaves (dried)
- 1 teaspoons of garlic salt
- ½ cup of flour
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 3 cups diced cooked red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 10-ounce package of frozen mixed veggies
Directions for making potato chicken stew:
- Combine all the stuff, you have kept, like mushrooms, carrots, onion, stock with the chicken and put it in the large saucepan and keep it over the gas on the medium heat.
- Then stir in garlic, basil, sage, potatoes, celery, and the frozen mixed vegetables, and cook it until it gets heated through.
- Then stir in the flour to the sauce, the dish is ready to serve as per choice.
You Might Also Like : Iron Rich Fruits | Fruits To Boost Up Your Iron Level
There are many sites, that do provides a lot of information and stuff about the chicken, but few of the persons seem to be satisfied with the web information, as they never get answers to their questions. Their questions are general if it comes to one’s mind then it may come’s to someone’s else minds too.
Often the times, some questions seem to be asked every time. Here is the list of such questions with their answers.
1) Is eating boiled chicken make the body healthy ?
Boiling is the best way to do before cooking, because while cooking either we fry the food or grill or try some other methods, that further involves the oils and fats
Similarly, chicken is lean and contains less fat than the other red meats. But it doesn’t mean that it completely doesn’t contain the fat. The skin of chicken contains fats, which needs to be avoided.
2) What would be better to bake or boil the chicken?
As we just have read, that the skin of the chicken contains the fats, so baking the chicken along with it’s skin becomes slightly high in calories about 220 for a drumstick or thigh quarter, if compared with the boiled chicken, which contains about 190 calories for the equal piece of chicken, because when the chicken is placed on the gas to be boiled then some of the fat from the chicken gets reduced due to the warm water.
But baking chicken gives the more robust flavor than the boiled chicken.
3) Eating chicken will let us lose weight?
It all depends on the overall calories you intake and the expenditure of your energy. So you have to determine the overall intake of calories and expenditure of energy by your body, then you can get success in losing the weight.
Mostly the skin of the chicken contains the fats, so eating without it, will never allow you gain extra weight, and eating the chicken meat breast without breading will allow only a few calories, and also will help you to burn out the extra calories.
So these were the questions, that seems to be randomly asked every time.
Hope, you have liked our today’s article about Chicken Stew, and of course don’t forget to try and share the crispy recipe with your friends and family also stay tuned for latest update.
You Might Also Like : Importance Of Muscle Nutrition For Its Growth