In the previous article, we discussed the thigh muscles and their structure and some information about it. Today, we will describe the various hip muscles, and how they help hips for the movement.
All About Hip Muscles | Nutrition | Workout | More
As we know hip joint, is the only one that is most flexible in the whole body of humans. There are plenty of the muscles that help the hips to move, provides stability to the joint of hip, strength and the bones of thigh and hip.
Well, hip joint muscles are those muscles that make our hips do the movement. So the Hip Joint muscles are the reason behind any movement in our hips. And these hip muscles are further consists of the four different main groups.
These different main groups are grouped based on their functions and as well as their location. The four different groups are listed below:
This group is one of the main groups, and here in this group there are 5 main muscles that are listed below.
- Adductor longus
- Adductor brevis
- Adductor magnus
Lateral Rota-tor Group
- Quadratus femoris.
- Obturator internus
- Superior and inferior Gemelli
- Obturator externus
- Maximus (Gluteal)
- Minimus (Gluteal)
- Medius (Gluteal)
- Tensor fasciae latae
Some of the Hip Muscles move down the thighs towards the knee including adductors quadriceps, abductors, hamstrings while some of the hip muscles move across the buttocks and abdomen including the gluteals and hip flexors.
The lower muscles which include hip flexor and abdominal, are often the times becomes the reason for the hip strain.
With the word movement, we meant like sitting down, standing up, lifting your leg while climbing a ladder or stairs, kicking anything. All these activities are being performed due to the help of hip muscles that involves the contraction in the anterior group of muscles.
Whereas the posterior group is a combination of the muscles that help the thigh to be extended at the hip. It contains the hamstring group and the largest muscle gluteus muscle. Gluteus muscle is considered as the largest muscle in the entire human body which further consists of the semitendinosus muscles, biceps femoris, semimembranosus
Walking, running fast, climbing stairs or ladder, sitting and standing, all these activities require the robust contractions from the posterior muscle to straighten the legs.
The adductor group is the group that is located on the medial side of the thigh. This group is also called the groin muscles. These are the muscles that help the thigh move towards the midline of the body. This group of muscles includes adductor brevis, pectineus, gracilis and adductor longus muscles.
Sometimes, sports persons face the common injuries. By the rapid movements, when the muscles of this group are overstretched, it leads the thigh a groin pull, which causes the sportspersons feel the pain.
Whereas the 1st adductor group helps he thigh towards the midline of the body, the 2nd adductor group which is located in the thigh at its lateral side, helps the thigh move away from the midline of the body. This group of hip muscles includes muscles like tensor fasciae, superior gemellus, piriformis, inferior gemellus, gluteus minimum, gluteus medius and the sartorius muscles.
When a person tries to do a split either in trying to do an action on in the dance act, it is being performed with the help of the involvement of the adductor muscles.
Hip Muscles Pain
There is plenty of reason by which your hips may start the pain.
Well, this happens with the growth in the age. People becoming old with the increase in their age, which is why their bones weak. These weak bones are more easily broken whenever they face fall or breakdown.
Tendons, are the part of the tissue, they are the thick bands that connect the bones with the muscles. It causes extreme pain in the hips and caused usually by the repetitive stress.
Sometimes, problems in the hip joints also result in the extreme pain inside the hips or groin. Whereas the hip pain in the upper thigh, outside of hips and buttocks that are outside, is often caused by the problems with the hip muscles, tendons, ligaments and other tissues by which the hip joints are surrounded.
This type of pain persons face when the flow of the blood in their body starts flowing slowly to the hip bones, which is why bone tissue present in their hips eventually dies. However, the other bones also seem to be affected by this.
You Might Also Like : Salmon Recipe And Its Health Benefits
Hip Adductor Muscles
These are the muscles that are responsible for the movement and lifting up of the thighs. It can be categorized into the two categories that are Primary Hip Adductor muscles and Secondary Hip Adductor Muscles.
They also help to stabilize the pelvis, whenever you walk or try to even stand up on one leg.
The primary adductor is the medius, the gluteus minimus and the tensor fasciae latae. Whereas the secondary contains the piriformis and the Sartorius.
Hip Adductor Muscles: This is one of the important hip muscles. This Adductor Hip muscle is a group of the following:
- Adductor longus
- Adductor Brevis
- Obturator externus
- Adductor minimus
- Adductor Magnus
There are four hip muscles in the hip adductor muscles group, whose initials are starting with the common word Adductor. Means to say, there is a work Adductor which is common in all the four names. Previously in the starting, we have almost clarified about all the hip muscles, but still, let us know few more things about the adductor longus and adductor brevis.
Adductor defines the activities and the actions which are being performed with the help of hip muscles. The word Adductor came from the combination of two words ad + ducere where “ad” further delivers the meaning “towards” and the word “ducere” means “to lead”. So the combination of word adductor means “toward to lead”. The attached word to the adductor describes the size of the muscles, whether they are short in size or length.
The word longus is also a Latin word which means long in length, whereas the word brevis (a Latin word too) means short in length.
So basically a combination of these two words represents the actions of the hip muscles and the size of the appropriate hip muscles.
Adductor Longus is the long muscles through which something is being led towards in the direction towards the body. And the Adductor Brevis is the short muscle which is responsible for all the actions which are being performed and lead anything towards the body.
The muscle Gracilis is also the part of the hip muscle group. All the words of the muscles are derived from the Latin word, on the basis of their meaning. Similarly, the word Gracilis is also derived from the Latin word which means slender. The name Gracilis defined the shape of the muscle.
It is known as the medial part of the hip adductor muscles. And it also affects the joints of the knee.
The last muscles of the hip adductor group are the Pectineus muscle. This word is also derived and taken from the Latin word “pectin”, this word means comb. The name of this muscles describes the location of the muscle in the body.
Pubic bone first used to be known with the name “comb bone” or “os pecten” due to the shape of it.
Nutrition For Hip Muscles
- Some of the healthy fats, carbohydrates & proteins which are required to have the healthy hips muscles.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are usually found in the fish oil, also work as a healthy fat.
- The Extra Virgin Oil Of Olive is an excellent monosaturated fat around 70%, it is the fat that helps humans to stay away from diseases like heart disease and cancer.
- Spinach plays a crucial role, as it greatly prevents the muscle from breakdown.
- Whole grains provides you the energy that is required while weight-lifting.
- Oatmeal is consider as high in fiber and helps you to lose the fat.
- Quinoa is one of the healthy carbs that gives you energy and fill your body.
- Brown rice enhances the production of growth of hormones.
- Greek Yogurt: It is high in proteins and helps you get enough proteins.
- Whey protein: Works as the best protein.
- Lean beef and eggs enhances the amount of proteins in your body.
- Nuts: They are seem to be high in calorie and vitamins. Also don’t eat that much, because it may increase the intake of calories.
10 minute hips muscles workout
So Guys this 10 Minutes Hips muscles workout is developed by the Marcus Minier, she is a exercise physiologists at the gym in New York City.
Standing Side Kick
You Have To Target These Things:- Glutes, outer hips, Inner thighs
- With the help of feet and the hands on hips. Now slowly extend the right leg to side same as the height of hip.
- Please make sure that your inner tight is parallel to the floor.
- Now take 1 count and then 3 counts to lower to floor.
- Do this same thing 15 times and then switch the sides.
You have to target :- Glutes, Inner thighs, hamstrings, outer hips
- Now put your both hands on Hips, hop 3 feet to your left. Now landing your left foot with left knee bending.
- Then bring your right foot to the floor.
- Repeat this same thing with your right foot and do this for 15 times alternatively.
You Have to target:- Outer hips, outer thighs, glutes, hip flexors
- Lie your body with the faceup and the knees bent.
- Now slowly lift hips and then lift your left leg, pointing toes towards the wall.
- Now hold the left leg for 1 count and then left your right leg to 90°.
- Hold for 1 count and then return to the centre without lowering.
- Do this 10 times alternatively.
You have to target :- Glutes, thighs, quadriceps
- Now stand like your hand in on hips and kick your right leg in front of your body.
- Now step your left foot nest to the right leg and stand with opposite leg.
- Do this alternatively 15 times.
You have to target:- Glutes, outer thighs, hip flexors
- Put your both hands and legs on the floor and then balance your weight with your both hands and a knee and up one leg.
- Then lift your left leg out to the side, keep the knees bent 90°.
- Quickly kick your leg diagonally behind you and brigh your heel towards the Ceiling.
- Now return your left knee towards the floor and you have to do this alternatively 10 times.
That’s it you have done 10 minutes work-out do this daily and get fit hip muscles.
It was all the details about the hip muscles, hip muscles pain, hip muscles workouts, hip muscles nutrition more things about it. Hope you have liked our today’s article, we look forward to your concern, anything you want to get information about you can tell us in comments. So that we can stand well on your expectations and also stay tuned for the more update.